Best Ever Cheddar Mash
What you will need
900g Potatoes (Maris piper)
200g Grated Cheddar Cheese
100mls Double Cream
5 Spring Onions Finely Chopped
2 Tablespoons of Chopped Chives
Salt & Freshly Milled Pepper to Taste
How to do it
- Peel the potatoes and cut into 3inch pieces and steam for 20 minutes.
- When ready pass through a sieve or potato ricer if you have one, and leave in a warm place, covered.
- In a saucepan gently heat the milk, cream & butter. Just before it comes to the boil take off the heat add the potato and beat with a wooden spoon until fluffy.
- Now add the cheese in two batches working it into the potato, followed by the spring onions & chives.
- Season the potato with salt & fresh milled pepper and serve.