What you will need
4 Chicken breasts (cut into 2 inch pieces)
2 Aubergines (cut into 2 inch pieces)
2 Onions sliced
2 Cloves of garlic crushed
3 Cardamom pods
1 Tablespoon of brown sugar
1 Tablespoon of garam masala
1 Teaspoon of chilli powder
1 Teaspoon of paprika
1/4 Teaspoon of cinnamon
1/2 Teaspoon of ground ginger
1/2 Teaspoon of ground coriander
1 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
1/2 Tin of coconut milk
Salt & pepper to taste
2 Tablespoons of chopped fresh coriander
1 Tablespoon of oil
How to do it
- In a medium sized heavy based pan, fry the onions, aubergines, and sugar over a medium heat for 5-10 minutes until they start to colour stirring as they cook.
- Next add the garlic, cardamom, and paprika and cook for 1 minute.
- Now add the remaining spices and stir in the chicken pieces and fry for 2 minutes.
- Then add the tomatoes and coconut milk and simmer for 15-20 minutes until the chicken has cooked through.(Season to taste)
- Top with fresh coriander and serve with rice and naan bread and enjoy