Kidney Bean & Yam Stew with Cubed Oranges
What you will need
2 Tablespoons Grapeseed Oil
2 Tablespoons Finely Chopped Ginger
2 Tablespoons Finely Chopped Garlic
1 Teaspoon Fenugreek Seeds
2 Tablespoons Cumin Seeds
2 Tablespoons Garam Masala
2 Bay Leaves
1 Teaspoon Dried Oregano
1 Teaspoon Rosemary, Dried or Fresh
1 Teaspoon Ground Turmeric
1 Teaspoon Salt
14oz Can Crushed Tomatoes
2 Cups Cubed Yams
1 Cup Water
14oz Can Kidney Beans, drained
2 Cups Cubed Oranges
How to do it
- Place the oil, ginger, garlic and fenugreek seeds in a big pot over medium-high heat and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the cumin, garam masala, bay leaves, oregano, rosemary, turmeric and salt and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, yams and water, increase the heat to high and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 7-9 minutes.
- Add the kidney beans and oranges and cook for 1 minute.
- Turn off the heat and cover with a lid for 10 minutes before serving.
Recipe excerpted from 'Everyday Indian: 100 Fast, Fresh and Healthy Recipes' by Bal Arneson.