Smoked Salmon & Parsley Waffles with Lemon & Basil Sour Cream
Preparation Time – 10-15 minutes
Cooking Time – 5 minutes
What you will need
Knob of butter
4 Baby shallots – Finely sliced and lightly fried
200g plain flour
2 Tsp Baking powder
375 ml full fat milk
2 Organic eggs – Whisked
200g Butter- Melted and cooled
2 Spring onions- Finely sliced
Small bunch of parsley leaves – Finely chopped
Generous sprinkle of sea salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper
¼ Zest of lemon
50g Smoked salmon – Roughly diced
Lemon & Basil Sour Cream-
½ Zest of lemon
Handful of basil leaves- Stems removed
Sprinkle of sea salt flakes
Good drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
Half a pot (150g) of sour cream
150-200g Smoked Salmon to serve
How to do it
- 1. Melt a knob of butter in a pan and then add in the finely sliced shallots, cook until soft and sticky. Next melt 200g of butter and set to one side to cool.
- 2. In a mixing bowl combine the plain flour, baking powder, milk, eggs and the cooled melted butter. Mix until thoroughly combined but don’t over do it. Next gently fold in the cooked shallots, spring onions, parsley and smoked salmon.
- 3. Turn your waffle maker on and wait for it to reach optimum temperature then brush with butter and spoon in around 2-3 tablespoons of the waffle mixture (give it a gentle stir before transferring to the waffle make to make sure you don’t miss the salmon and shallots). Cook for 2-3 minutes or until golden and crisp.
- 4. For the lemon and basil sour cream, simply muddle the lemon zest, basil leaves and salt flakes then add in a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil. Gently stir into the sour cream leaving it marbled.
- 5. Serve the waffles with half an avocado and a generous slice of smoked salmon and a dollop of basil sour cream. Sprinkle over your finely sliced lemon zest, add a little extra black pepper and serve.