Soothing Yam Soup
What you will need
1 lb Yams
3½ Cups Water
2 Tablespoons Grapeseed Oil
1 Tablespoon Sambar Powder
1 Teaspoon Cumin Seeds
½ Teaspoon Salt
½ Teaspoon Pepper
How to do it
- Cook the yams in the water over medium heat until tender, about 7-9 minutes.
- Transfer to a blender and process until creamy.
- Cook the sambar powder, cumin seeds, salt and pepper in oil over medium-low heat for 20 seconds.
- Add the spice mixture to the yams and mix until the spices are evenly distributed.
- Note: this soup is intended to have the consistency of clam chowder. If its too thick, add a little more water while you are blending the yams.
Recipe excerpted from 'Everyday Indian: 100 Fast, Fresh and Healthy Recipes' by Bal Arneson.