Little Italy Pasta Bake
340g/12oz macaroni pasta
1 large can red salmon
Handful of basil
250ml/9fl oz passata (sieved tomatoes)
3 tbsp mascarpone
140g/5oz fresh mozzarella
30g/1oz pine nuts
200g/7oz bag mixed salad leaves
Virgin olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
For more recipes visit: www.jamesmartinchef.co.uk
The Denby Jet Large Oblong Dish is perfect for this dish.
- Preheat the oven to 190C/375F/Gas 5.
- Cook the pasta in plenty of boiling salted water as per instructions, add in the broccoli and cook to taste.
- Place the salmon into a bowl, removing any large bones.
- Tear the basil leaves and combine with the salmon. Add the passata, mascarpone and mozzarella.
- Drain the pasta and broccoli and combine with the salmon mixture.
- Season well and place in the Large Shallow Oblong Dish or an alternative ovenproof dish.
- Top with dots of butter and sprinkle over breadcrumbs and pinenuts.
- Place in the oven to colour the top and heat through.
- Serve with some salad leaves dressed with olive oil, balsamic vinegar and seasoning.