Summer Bean Salad
680g/11/2lb new potatoes
110g/4oz green beans, cooked and cut in half
1/2 red onion, peeled and sliced
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Small handful of fresh coriander
For the croutons
1 tbsp olive oil
2 slices of bread, crusts removed and diced
For the dressing
2 tbsp tomato chutney (homemade if possible)
4 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp white wine vinegar
For more recipes visit: www.jamesmartinchef.co.uk
The Denby James Martin Everyday Soup Cereal Bowl is perfect for serving this dish.
- Place the potatoes in a large pot and fill with about 1 inch of water. Bring to the boil and cook for about 15 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Throw in the green beans to steam after the first 10 minutes. Drain, cool and cut potatoes into quarters. Place the green beans and potatoes into a bowl and crumble in the Stilton.
- Add the red onion, seasoning and coriander and toss together.
- To make the croutons, heat the oil in a pan and toast the croutons for 2-3 minutes on each side or until crisp and golden. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Add to the bean salad.
- To make the dressing, place the chutney, olive oil and vinegar in a bowl and whisk together. Pour over the salad and toss to coat.
- Transfer the salad to a serving bowl to serve.
- Serve is the perfect complement to all White by Denby ranges and makes even the simplest foods look stunning!