Skip to content
Enjoy a FREE 30 minute Cookery Demonstration in the Kitchen Theatre. We demonstrate varied recipes (changing regularly) and show you how to get the most out of new equipment and special gadgets, many of which are on special offer. Demonstrations take place at 12.30 and 2.30pm daily (It's best to call 01773 740799 before travelling as occasionally demonstrations are cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances). The theatre seats up to 50 people so there is usually plenty of room, though we can't guarantee seating at busy times. And after the demonstration you can taste the dishes, and take home a free recipe!
Here are a couple of recipes from the Theatre - dishes change every 3 weeks.
This tasty supper dish is served with rice, which is easy to cook in our favourite gadget the 'Microwave Rice Cooker'(£9.99) Great results every time, with minimum fuss!
250g cherry tomatoes
1/2 tsp sugar
1 tblsp olive oil
2 courgettes, sliced
1 clove garlic, minced
50g chopped black olives
300g cooked rice
1 tblsp green pesto
Parmesan cheese & basil to garnish
1) Place the tomatoes in a roasting dish and sprinkle with sugar and seasoning
2) Bake for 1 hour at gas mark 1 or 125c
3) Cook the rice and set aside
4) Heat the oil in a saute pan and fry the courgettes and garlic to soften
5) Stir pesto through the rice then combine the vegetables with the pesto rice.
6) Check seasoning then pile into a suitable serving dish
7) Garnish with basil and parmesan shavings
*(All products used in the demonstrations are highlighted in the shop so you can find them easily should you wish to purchase).
A delicious seasonal cake.
115g/4oz soft margarine
85g/3oz soft brown sugar
Grated rind of 1 orange
2 eggs beaten
150g/5oz self raising flour
1 tblsp milk
175g/6oz good quality mincemeat
For the Icing:
115g/4oz icing sugar
1-2 tblsp orange juice
1) Pre heat oven to 160c/325f/gas 3 then grease and line a 20cm/8" round cake tin
2) In a large bowl, beat together the margarine, sugar and orange rind until light and fluffy
3) Add the beaten eggs a little at a time and mix well
4) Fold in the flour and then the mincemeat and mix well together
5) Turn in to a prepared tin and bake in the oven for 35-40 mins until firm to the touch.
6) In a small bowl, beat the icing sugar and juice together to form a glace icing and drizzle over the cooled cake
Store in an airtight tin and use within 3 days
The Theatre has hosted guest demonstrations by celebrity chefs including James Martin - pictured here with Senior Demonstrator Denise Tollyfield - and has been used for 'cook off' challenges and events by Trent FM and Smooth FM. The fully equipped Theatre is available for private hire– please call 01773 740 799 for details or email email@example.com