Skip to content
Enjoy a FREE 30 minute Cookery Demonstration in the Kitchen Theatre. We demonstrate varied recipes (changing regularly) and show you how to get the most out of new equipment and special gadgets, many of which are on special offer. Demonstrations take place at 12.30 and 2.30pm daily (It's best to call 01773 740799 before travelling as occasionally demonstrations are cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances). The theatre seats up to 50 people so there is usually plenty of room, though we can't guarantee seating at busy times. And after the demonstration you can taste the dishes, and take home a free recipe!
Here is a sample recipes from the Demonstration Theatre - dishes change every 2/3 weeks.
This tasty supper dish is served with rice, which is easy to cook in our favourite gadget the 'Microwave Rice Cooker'(£9.99) Great results every time, with minimum fuss!
250g cherry tomatoes
1/2 tsp sugar
1 tblsp olive oil
2 courgettes, sliced
1 clove garlic, minced
50g chopped black olives
300g cooked rice
1 tblsp green pesto
Parmesan cheese & basil to garnish
1) Place the tomatoes in a roasting dish and sprinkle with sugar and seasoning
2) Bake for 1 hour at gas mark 1 or 125c
3) Cook the rice and set aside
4) Heat the oil in a saute pan and fry the courgettes and garlic to soften
5) Stir pesto through the rice then combine the vegetables with the pesto rice.
6) Check seasoning then pile into a suitable serving dish
7) Garnish with basil and parmesan shavings
*(All products used in the demonstrations are highlighted in the shop so you can find them easily should you wish to purchase).
The Theatre has hosted guest demonstrations by celebrity chefs including James Martin - pictured here with Senior Demonstrator Denise Tollyfield - and has been used for 'cook off' challenges and events by Trent FM and Smooth FM. The fully equipped Theatre is available for private hire– please call 01773 740 799 for details or email firstname.lastname@example.org